Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Help
I am wanting to plan a trip to do some ice fishing up Flaming Gorge, I have never been. Was wondering if I could get some info from you guys on where to go fish at and where there is somewhere to stay, both on the Utah side. I have seen Dutch John in my research, is there some bays around there that are frozen up and easy to access? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks..
[signature]
Manila might be a good place to stay as well. I've never stayed over night though. I've fished up around Buckboard and done alright. Sucker meat on a glow 3" Yamamoto. Seemed like we did best right at dusk or 30 mins before and after sunset. I'd recommend a tent as it gets pretty chilly up there especially if there is even just a slight breeze.
[signature]
No ice in Utah....yet.
I stay in green river lost dog is a grate place to start or fire hole depends on what you are wanting to catch.
[signature]
Some of the bays on the Utah side are starting to ice over, but the mainlake is still open. In Wyoming the mainlake has capped above Brinegar Ranch. The area above Currant Creek currently has the most fishable ice, with 4-12 inches, depending on where you go. Being nighttime temps are in the negative and daytime temps are in the single digits, ice is forming quickly and conditions are getting better each day. Manila, UT or Green River, WY would be your best bet for lodging and put you in a position where you could drive to fishable ice in about 30-45 minutes depending on where you're going to fish.

Hope that helps, Ryno
[signature]
Thanks for the info everybody!
[signature]