Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview drive by
Took all my gear and drove to cemetery point. Got a late start so really thought I would just do recon, and only get the sled out if it looked promising.

Only one fisherman on the North side, and none on the South side at about 2:30. I never did go down and drill any holes, but per previous reports, it looked like there were some spots that had fisherman before with old holes, etc.. Chickened out and never got on the ice.

As I approached saw a bunch of rescue and fire department vehicles parked on the south side. I thought maybe someone had gone through. When I got closer, saw that they were practicing ice/water rescue in a square opening they made. Guys in full cold water rescue gear jumping in! Brrrrrrr.

With the cold temps in Ogden valley in won't be long before we can all get out on solid ice.

Be safe!
[signature]
Tks for your report on Pineview...I enjoy it on safe ice...and have had some good experiences there....and one bad one last year where I lost a couple hundred $ on ice jigs bumping out of my sled....(hint .. always fully zip your bags)....looking forward to some evening crappie fishing there....Guluk..
[signature]
OUCH! Funny how those tiny little boxes just seem to fill up with junk.......until you lose it and have to replace the whole thing, and it's SO much money!
[signature]