Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otter Creek
Can anyone give me an update on Otter Creek- water depth and fishing? Is there enough water to fish 1/2 way up the reservoir or would you need to fish down by the state park/dam?
[signature]
Don't have too much info on Otter because I have not been myself. However a coworker took her father (late 80's with Parkinson's) last week. They went to the state park because it was the easiest access for her dad. He caught 3 rainbows one of which went near 5 lbs.
[signature]
Water levels are lower then normal. I have fished it 3 times this ice season and each time the fishing gets slower and less fish. Ice is plenty thick. I have fished down by the dam. Its deeper there and has easy access. Temps have been very cold, so dress warm and be prepared for slow fishing.
[signature]
There were plenty of people fishing that area last weekend. In fact there were fishermen clear up on the far north point.

We were just around the bend from the dam section, so I can't say how deep it is up there. Fishing was pretty good, not great. 9 between the four of us, with a couple lost and several misses. Mostly in the 2-3 lb range.
[signature]
Been 2 wks since we were there but a friend fished Sr. Citizens pt. on the 1st. Said deepest water they found was 5'.
Spoke with 4 diff. people who fished in last 1 1/2 wks and they all said slow fishing.

This is second hand info.

We have been down lake for our fishing.
Been there 3 times and it was slow the last time (2 Fri. ago) till we found what they wanted.
[signature]
We went to Otter Creek Dec. 29. Were about in the middle of the length of the res. The edges and ice were great. We fished in 12' of water, water seemed quite low. Most of the catching was at 7-10' down. We seemed to do better than others around us. Used Maniac Vertigo jig head, Maniac gazzila (white with red flecks) and a wax worm. Not a killer day but still caught quite a few (about 25-28 between 11 of us). It was -12 degrees when we got there, 15 degrees when we left at 12:30! Beautiful day!
[signature]
Thanks everyone for the info. Not sure if it is worth the 3 hr drive to get there or possibly go to Fish Lake. Thx.
[signature]