Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo Harbor Mink !
Was fishing at Provo Boat Harbor yesterday with my buddy Rick, off the last dock to the north when we had a visitor, a mink. He (?) poked his head out from under the dock . Rick had just put the first WB on the ice and our little friend decided he was going to help himself to dinner. After smacking him several times with my rod tip, he scooted back under the dock. He continued to stick his head out from time to time. I put the fish in the bucket and Rick continued to fill it. Finally, we had enough for a meal, so we stuck one under the dock for our little buddy. That was not good enough for him, he came out and began smelling around the bucket. He tried to climb in several times and was stopped by a swat on the back with my rod tip. When I looked to set on a fish, he jumped into the bucket, grabbed a WB, and took off with it !! Quite the little thief !!

Fishing was slow, but we caught a dozen, less the two for our furry friend. Rick went back today and caught a few more, saw several folks who were doing quite well. Had about 3 1/2 inches of ice where we were in the harbor !! Rick said that one fisherman had our little friend hanging around him and he was giving him fish to carry off.

Hey Minkman, you ought to go check this little guy out, he seems to be a bit tame, does not have much fear of fishermen at all !!!
Everything on this old earth has to eat. It's great you could share some of your bounty. Nice work and I'm glad you were into the fish.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Your finky minky may have been the same one that followed me around late last summer when I was trying to catch some small white bass before launching my tube for some catfish. As I went from dock to dock he was right with me. I did reward his persistence with a couple of little whities.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]By the way, do I know "Rick"?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Yep, we have all fished together many, many times !! Bout your size in height, but a few pounds lighter and doesn't have the third eye in the back of his head.
[#0000FF]Well, we cain't all be perfect.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

hear, hear!