Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loch Utah Monster
In researching unusual fish found in Utah waters I came across the following:

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/f...5987e.html

I wonder if any of you have made similar sightings. Please share what you know about this unique and fascinating creature. TD, this means you. I just want to postulate that The Abyss, whose depths have never been plumbed, may indeed be an underground passageway between Utah Lake and Bear Lake, explaining the appearance of the creature in both waters from time to time, similar to the tunnel that runs from England to the Great Salt Lake through which fair British maidens were abducted to Utah in pioneer days to satisfy the salacious interests of the Mormon elders.

Are unknown wildlife species in Utah open game or would this be a strictly catch-and-release opportunity?

Is the so-called "carp dredging" really just a clandestine operation to capture this magnificent beast?

Please give this your gravest attention and reply in any way that you feel would either elucidate or obfuscate as the spirit moves you.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[#0000FF]Hard to say either yay or nay about the earliest sightings. With the exception of the sightings by the two youngsters I might speculate that those "visions" were less likely of divine origin and more likely the result of "spirits".
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Any such sightings in modern times might be of mutated minks...who have consumed too many white bass with overdoses of toxic algae and/or PCB.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]And don't discount the possibility of plain old hallucinations. I can personally attest that such things can happen after an all night fishing trip...or spending too much time in the boat with BLK.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
You know, it just occurred to me that a dude in a tube could be mistaken for the monster--you know, about 18" wide, a head about three feet long, ugly and ferocious looking, with antennae poking up all over. Or so it could seem to one under the influence of spirits and with the sun in his eyes. Or maybe I've been confounded by going to Aquaman last night.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Monster sightings in Utah Lake? I hesitate to suggest that TD goes there a lot. And in that semi-floating contraption of his...well.

Yeah, yeah, my monster has a face, but it's never been to UL.

[Image: tdOikf2l.jpg]
[signature]
[quote catchinon]You know, it just occurred to me that a dude in a tube could be mistaken for the monster--you know, about 18" wide, a head about three feet long, ugly and ferocious looking, with antennae poking up all over. Or so it could seem to one under the influence of spirits and with the sun in his eyes. Or maybe I've been confounded by going to Aquaman last night.[/quote]

[#0000FF]Okay, now yer gittin' pers'nal. But I gotta admit that I probably do have the appearance and personality to strike terror into the hearts of the wimpy.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Onliest thing though...is that I weren't around in the days of the earliest sightings. They still had stone float tubes then.[/#0000FF]
[signature]