Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montpillier tips?
Me and my wife are heading to montpillier or Glendale this Saturday. I haven't been to either so any tips would be greatly appreciated
[signature]
Montpelier is good if you are happy just catching. There are countless small perch and you can catch a hundred with no problem using small jigheads tipped with any kind of bait. If you want trout stay toward the north end where its not as deep and you won't be in the perch clouds as bad. I have done well there for Kokanee on the west side and near the damn. You need a sonar or tent usually to know when the Kokes go by, they are often only 8 ft down. The kokes will hit small pink jigs.
Glendale is great for a multi species trip. Helps to have a sonar because you get fish all over the water column there. Check the ice depth often, there are springs all over the place on Glendale.
[signature]
Montpelier is fun and many of the perch are in the 8-9" range now, though there are still plenty of dinks. It is fishing really well.
I always catch a few trout there while perch fishing and am still hoping for a Kokanee through the ice. There is a good parking area about halfway up the lake and easy access.

Mike
[signature]