Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish lake camping
Heading up to fish lake on the 18th is there anywhere to camp in an rv in the winter ?
Also looks like no atv or snowmobiles on the ice?
Had a great time last July so thought we would give up a weekend of ice fishing in Nevada to try some Utah ice.
[signature]
I can't help you with the camping question but you are incorrect about not being able to use an ATV or Snowmobile on the ice. The summer restriction on OHVs applies to the ground areas in the basin around the lake. I've used my ATV on the ice at Fish Lake for several winter trips.

Mike
[signature]
That’s good to know about the atv. I have an ice buggy called a wilcraft that I would love to bring up there if I can just find a place to camp.

Greg
[signature]
That is........
awesome!
Does it lower to the ground or have side shields of some type to keep the wind from blowing through?
[signature]
Never mind, I just got my answer.
[signature]
I've always wanted to see one of those in action!
[signature]
The Forest Service has been plowing an area at the Doctor Creek campground in recent years for RVs/trailers. However, with the shutdown you'll be out of luck there. I would contact Fish Lake Resorts (435-638-1000) - they should have some pads available.
[signature]
Is that a boat with wheel? If so does it have a prop?
[signature]
You have to picture a john boat with wheels and a lawn mower engine. It floats if it goes thru the ice and will drive on an inch of new ice. I have had it on 2 inches with no problem. This is an older model the new ones are bigger heavier and more bling. People put trolling motors on them and use them as a boat.

Looks like we will be staying in Nevada for the holiday and fishing at wild horse res north of Elko.

Greg
[signature]