Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Ice Conditions
At the Marina, I recommend not using an ATV right now. Took my four wheeler up today and left in in the truck. I don’t think one could get it to the ice. It would for sure get stuck if you were lucky enough to get it on the ice (at least for now). The ice was about eight inches thick. Two to three inches of slush under about eight inches of snow. When we cleared out an area to fish, we were sitting/standing in an inch of water.

Fished just southeast of the ramp in 16-25 FOW. Catching was good (especially for kentofnsl, not so much for me) until 11:00 when it slowed down quite a bit. The occasion late to lunch cutt until about 4pm. Beautiful day with not much wind.
[signature]
Yep it was a fun day, except for pulling the sled through the snow and slush (thanks for pulling more than your fair share).
[signature]
Saw your wheeler in the back of the truck this morning. We took a sled out to renegade there was plenty of slush spots hidden under the snow all across the lake but ice thickness was coming in at 9”-10” with 3”-8+” of snow and or slush on top. Definitely agree no atv is making it on that reservoir right now!
[signature]