Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homemade Jigger Totter

Invented this , this morning . I have 4 Jigger Totters . But cant find anymore on the web . So I came up with this .
[signature]
If you were going to post a pic then it did not get added but I'd be interested in seeing it. How does a Jigger Totter work?
[signature]
[quote curt69]
Invented this , this morning . I have 4 Jigger Totters . But cant find anymore on the web . So I came up with this .[/quote]
[signature]
Nice job Curt. I make mine the traditional way but I like them taller than the ones you buy. Your bucket method put's it about as tall as mine. I like it!

Rod
[signature]
Thanks , I like the way they stack together and have no sharp legs . Plus if i am catching Perch or Crappie or Blue Gill . I will just drop them in the bucket and wont have to pick them up off the ice .
[signature]
[quote curt69]

I have 4 Jigger Totters . But cant find anymore on the web .

[/quote]

Too bad you don't live closer, because I have four of them that I no longer use. It sounds like you like your homemade ones even better.
[signature]
I appreciate the offer , why are you giving them away ? Are you going to quit ice fishing ?
[signature]
Curt I like that design, nice job!!! I cut up my bucket to make a camera mount for the rotator so it's kept high and dry and doesn't freeze up... Red neck ingenuity work's best in my book, until someone takes the idea and makes it work for commercial purposes anyway.. Thanks J
[signature]
Early on when I was all new and really excited about the new stuff I was learning, I came up with eight different designs for a teeter-totter style jjiggers that worked in a similar way.......

But, none of them were like this one! Looks great! Good luck while using it.
[signature]
I might be interested in those.
[signature]
[quote curt69]

I appreciate the offer , why are you giving them away ? Are you going to quit ice fishing ?

[/quote]

First off, I didn't offer to give them away. No, I have not quit ice fishing (I just got back from ice fishing today). I just got tired of finding a place to haul them in my limited space on my sled and I also didn't like how the horizontal wire sometimes wrapped around my rod and line when I jerked the rod to set the hook. I prefer to use my PVC rod holders that just hold the rod horizontally and then I jig them by holding the rods.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]

How does a Jigger Totter work?

[/quote]

The rod is balanced and supported by the cross wire. If there is wind blowing the rod will catch the wind and jig itself. One can gently push on the rod or butt and the rod jigs. If a fish bites and moves in any direction the rod either lifts or drops and if the fish lets go the rod jigs itself, which often entices another bite.
[signature]
Interesting, I was wondering how it could jig by itself.
[signature]
For the video I just gave it a push with my hand. They don't really jig themselves. I have built some sails that attach to the rod handle that will jig them in the wind . The best thing about them is you can see the lightest bite .
[signature]
Sails, that sounds interesting, how big are they? As lightly as they are balanced i can imagine they would work great for trout but how do you think they would work on a lighter biting fish, like a perch or crappie?
[signature]
If anything touches the line the rod will move .
[signature]