Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming George reports
Does anyone have any updates for Flaming George? Is the Lucern Ramp open and lake free of ice to go after lakers? Thanks for reply’s
[signature]
Oh, you must mean Flaming Gorge!
[signature]
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
[signature]
Hahaha....yup ....Gorge
[signature]
North End is frozen down to at least Squaw Hollow with around 4" of ice... We fished Big Bend on 4-6" of ice depending on where you were in the area that we covered out of Buckboard... We didn't go any further south... Sorry this probably doesn't help ya much... Later J
[signature]
Thank you. It gives a good report on how far south the ice is. Hope you guys did good!
[signature]
Thanks we did okay, but not great! There was five of us so we had a big pile of fish to smoke at the end but each of us only got 4-7 fish. I had fun but I was hoping for a little more action. Best fish was only 23” but smallest was 20.5” so it was a pretty uniform batch. Guess I’m getting spoiled wanting a better trip than that. But I was really hoping for a big fish. I always get my hopes up when I head to the gorge. I think if the ice would have been thicker we could have gotten into better locations but we played it safe and didn’t push our luck. So it was a good trip. Later Jeff
[signature]