Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Scofield
This is my first year ice fishing now that my kids are old enough to come out with me. Never imagined it'd be this addicting! I'm heading down to Scofield this Saturday, but I've never fished it before. Not looking for 'honey holes', but does anyone have any suggestions on areas of the reservoir to fish and depths I should target? Any help would be extremely appreciated!
[signature]
Most fish are about 12 to 20 feet deep. But don't hesitate to try 10 ft of water. We have caught alot of fish using white tube jigs tipped with chub small jigs 1 1/2to 2 1/2in the bite is hard to detect o watch the line closely. If it moves EVEN slightly sit the hook, hook sets are free. Chub meat or a bit of minnow are good for the cuts and meal worms ar rainbow bait. I got a 26 1/2 inch tiger on that setup yesterday.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. We’ve had good luck just west of Madsen Bay boat ramp, anywhere from near shore out maybe 75 yards. We caught fish on power bait trout nuggets and on various worms (wax, night crawler). The dam arm is also a good bet, or anywhere south of there along the east side of the reservoir. Good luck and enjoy time with your kids.
[signature]

jack of all tackle, master of none
To add to joatmon's reply (he's my brother and fishing partner par excellence) on our last trip I caught all my fish on a size #10 green glow Ratfinkee tipped with a waxworm.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Don't fish it too deep. Many times the fish are not on the bottom but 2-3 feet under the ice.
[signature]
I personally know the real Smif and you are not him.
[signature]
All, appreciate the feedback! I'll definitely take it into account. If I have any luck, I'll post some pictures.

TheFishSlayer- I am the real Smif....change my mind!
[signature]
The real real smif is so gangster he got shot in the face and he walked it off.
[signature]
Probably my best day ice fishing yet. Caught much more than I kept. Again, thanks for the info!
[signature]
pm sent
[signature]
I see you removed your pic. Did you not know Scofield had a slot on cutthroats? Pleaseknow the regulations of the lake you are fishing. Especially a place like Scofield that needs all the help it can get.
[signature]
No need for accusations. I know the regulations for Scofield or for anywhere I go before I go for that matter. I removed it just for this reason...having to explain something to someone because of what they “think” they know.
[signature]
Ok. Just seemed odd that the pic got removed before anybody even said anything about it. Not sure why you would remove it if none of them fish were in the slot. Anyways happy fishing.
[signature]