Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation ice
Anyone fishing around the bridge area? How’s the ice conditions and fishing?? Thanks.
[signature]
This is over a week old now but maybe it will help:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
[signature]
I fished near the bridge Thursday. Ice conditions were good. Approximately 6” of solid ice. Fishing was good. Catching was ok for the hour and a half I fished. Caught 10 perch and a small walleye.
[signature]
i was thinking about going up there wednesday, how deep of water were you in from the bridge?
[signature]
about 40 FOW
[signature]
any tips possibly? iam not very familiar with that area that well, with structure etc...
any advice would help. thank you [fishon]
[signature]
Sure. I park in the area on the southwest corner of the bridge and walk down the hill to the ice. When I was there, the hill slope had no snow and was dry. I fish in the area from about 100 to 200 yards south of the bridge. The area closer to the bridge has been good for trout in the past but I haven't fished there yet this season. The lake bottom is fairly flat in this area so most of the structure is off of the points along the southwest cliffs and hill slope. I was catching the perch using a small swedish pimple tipped with perch eye or meat fished within inches of the bottom.
[signature]
thank you very much, ill post about my trip hopefully i can get into some fish.
[signature]
Thanks for the help much appreciated....
[signature]