Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek 1-12-2019 - Finally a good day!
Where: Lost Creek Reservoir
Fished the west side
When: 01-12-2019 8:15 AM - 12:00 PM

Fish Caught: ~23 total - all released.
Most were cutthroat in the 10" - 12" range, but we had more than a few 14", 15", 17", and even a 19". That one will bump my ice fish challenge trout. I yelled "SLOTBUSTER!" when that one came out of the hole, but ended up being up 3 inches too short. Fun fish.

We caught most on green glow paddle bugs tipped with worm, a white paddle bug tipped with with worm, and green glow tube jig.

Marked a lot of fish on the fish finder and had A LOT of bites. There was a lot of "fish on!" and then "fish off!" calls in the tent. Bites came from both a dead stick and on an active jigging rod.

Ice Condition: Solid Ice (5"). Started to get a little slushy on our way out.

Weather: Overcast at first then beautiful and sunny, ~15F - 25F, with little or no wind.

Lots of company on the ice. GREAT DAY and I had great company with my 15 YO son, and 10 YO son.

It felt good to have a great day at Lost Creek. The last few times I have been there I have been skunked or had a 1 fish day. Adding to the good fishing was the re-paved AND plowed road. The smooth ride was nice.
[signature]
very nice, i really like LC on the ice, congrats on the good day!
[signature]
Great post. Thank you
[signature]
Outstanding photo of your son. You'll both treasure that one in the years ahead.
[signature]
[quote TopH2O]Outstanding photo of your son. You'll both treasure that one in the years ahead.[/quote]

Thanks! He out fished me today. That is really what made it fun. We fished for almost 4 solid hours and he was on task the whole time. He caught about a dozen and had about another dozen on and then off.
[signature]
Hopefully you have instilled in the young man an appreciation and love for active outdoor pursuits. In my own experience that has translated to the development of a young man who is on task, has attention to detail and is very responsible.

He's 30 now and he and his lovely wife are about to bless my wife and I with our first grandchild. Boy or girl, there's some fishing in their future. Probably LOTS of photos.

Mike
[signature]
Great detailed report, it's always fun to fun with your kids, no matter how old they get. Sounds like you three had a great day at LC.
[signature]
Great job dad!!! Awsome
[signature]
I did not realize that my son (pictured in the original post) caught a splake! First time I have seen one in real life. Pretty fish.
[signature]