Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
has anyone actuallt been on the ice at AF harbor
I see posts that are saying it is iced solid. But when Ive gone there, I see no one on the ice. Unless its changed since last week.
Can some one give me a "solid" answer?
thanks guys
[signature]
There were people on it a couple weeks ago and the ice was about 4 inches and hard. After the recent warm spell I couldnt say. Havent been there in over a week. I did venture out on the ice between docks. But as I said that was during he cold snap.
[signature]
Thank you
[signature]
I was down there yesterday and it was pretty grey, would not have ventured out. Last time I checked the water depth was only about 2-3 ft in the harbor. There was a great deal of ice packed up on the the north shore and it looked like there had been open water 20-30 ft out from shore that had refrozen.

Provo boat harbor was in a similar situation on Saturday, 4-5 inches that was turning grey with the warm weather. Lots of fishermen on the docks, no one on the ice in the harbor. There were a few folks out on the north dike on the ice, but it looked pretty iffy. The warm weather has really played havoc with ice conditions on Ut. Lake!! Be very careful when you venture out !!
Thank you. guess I need to give it up. And go elsewhere.
[signature]
Fished American fork 1-5-19 on the Ice. Drilled several holes and only caught 2 White bass. Crossed the marina on 3" of Ice to the east side and the deepest water i found was close to the east wall, 2 ft was as deep as I found and was where I caught the two fish. Didn't drill close to any docks on the west side because folks were fishing there. Left and went to Lincoln beach.
[signature]