Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green River A Section float in January
Hi all!

Took an overnight trip with a buddy to ride down the Green River below Flaming Gorge to celebrate my recent birthday!

Neither of us had ever been with a guide on a drift boat anywhere so it was a new experience for us and our guide was simply amazing and was a wealth of knowledge and information.

Our guide was Pat and we booked our trip with Flaming Gorge Resort. The lodging was great and the trip down the river was EPIC!

We had a few cameras rolling and caught some great footage of the river and the fishing. Due to the cold weather we only were able to film until our lunch break, after that we put the cameras down and focused solely on fishing.

We were into fish 10 minutes after we started the float and caught fish all the way to the take out and never saw another boat!! That was the part that made this magical, we literally had the river all to ourselves!!

Best birthday celebration ever!!

Video of the action is here:

https://youtu.be/wQoFjt6FrbI
[signature]
Nice! Good time to hit that section, no pleasure rafters Smile
[signature]
Awesome time to be out there! River all to yourself! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Great video! Looks like a successful birthday Smile
[signature]
Looks like it was a good birthday trip! So what was the temperature? What size and type of fly were you using? I too have a winter birthday- February 18. It frequently falls on Presidents Day weekend. I usually get out somewhere to fish. Used to be mostly the Weber but I went soft and started heading south to SW Utah or occasionally The Everyglades or Keys. I actually prefer SW Utah so if the weather looks descent I’ve been ending up there. The earliest caddis hatch I know of in the state in frequently underway in a section of Beaver Damn Wash.That President Day’s Hatch is alway nice to be able to throw dries bigger than midges and catch fish.
[signature]
Temp..very cold and windy, using egg patterns and size 16/18 zebra midges.
[signature]