Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ut. Lake ice - leaving fast !!
Had to go down to the St. Park yesterday to get my Annual Pass and noticed that the ice was blowing off. Was down by AF Harbor today and checked up there. The lake was pretty much ice free from AF north. Wind from the North was blowing the ice south and it was jammed up south of the harbor. With these warm storms coming in over the next few days, I would be that the whole lake, other than the harbors, will be ice free by Monday. Now all we have to do is get one of the harbors ice free so we can launch !!
Either that or a frigid float tube ride! Thanks for the update. I was watching the camera at the St. Park and saw the water on top of the ice, but I couldn't see what it was really doing.
[signature]
A week ago sunday there was 4 inch of ice at lincoln out from the 1st spring, yesterday I was wanting my boat, a lot of open water, with the wind it will most likely be gone, Lincoln might be a bit too skinny for a about a month, I did notice there was less rocks above water just in the last week, hopefully it wont be long now.

ice be gone.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]