Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hailstone Update Request
I have heard reports of good ice at Rock Cliff but I was wondering if Hailstone has good ice yet. I can't walk over a mile at Rock Cliff to get to water since they have the ramp blocked with snow. I am hoping to get out on the ice at Hailstone soon. Anyone know what the conditions are or how thick the ice is there?
Thanks
[signature]
The north marina at hailstone is being fished. But the small ramp on the south is not safe.
[signature]
I fished Hailstone marina bay today. 6-7" solid ice. Several inches of slush and snow on top. The bite was off and on. Roaming schools of perch on bottom. Trout suspended all through the water column.
[signature]
Thanks for the update. I week ago I saw what looked like big holes in the ice there and no one had been out on the ice. It looked iffy. Glad to hear it has grown a little thicker.
[signature]
Fished Hailstone Sat and Sun . We caught 2 Browns about 20 inches long and a few Rainbow . Also a few small perch . Very slushy . This new storm will add to that slush ... Let's hope the next cold spell freezes it back up !! Thanks to are Park Rangers for plowing the ramp !! Good Luck and be Safe !
[signature]