Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek ice 1/19/19
Drove past Deer Creek on our way back from Strawberry (I only have one word for that: skunked). Several fisherpeople were out on the ice around the island/marina area and some were way far out. It looked like a bunch of people were just out playing. No idea how thick the ice is, just saying what I saw.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

The ice was 6-7 inches with about 1/2 of that being good and solid. Edges were a little soft in the afternoon. The bite was very light but lots of perch on the sonar.
[signature]
Looks great. You weren't one of the ones out in the middle of the lake by chance were you? We also passed by on our way home from strawberry and was surprised by how many people were fishing the middle of the lake.
[signature]
Yes, we were fishing about 50’
[signature]
Nice catch, congrats! How big was the biggest? Where did you access the water from?
[signature]
[quote catchinon]

Drove past Deer Creek on our way back from Strawberry (I only have one word for that: skunked).

[/quote]

That can't be possible, you always caught one fish.[Wink]
[signature]
I didn’t measure any but I’d guess 11”.
[signature]
Well, my brother got just one and I got two bites, so I was close [crazy].
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.