Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday evening pv invite #2
Met up with eylayo Saturday evening off cemetery. Great guy thanks for the drink. I ended up icing 16 nice crappie . While my buddy iced 11 also 10 small guys around 4 to 5 inches . I will be taking 2 guys up on Wednesday evening from 4pm to around 10 pm if anyone wants to head up we'll be there drop a pm or just come find us on the ice .. will be out about 100 yards north of cemetery point red Eskimo tent with a glow stick on the tent .
Good luck .
[signature]
I may be headed up there thurs. My buddies are checking with their wives. Keep missing you by a day.
[signature]
Thanks again for the tips! I ended up with 8 between 10- 11.5" and two 5 inchers.
[signature]
Very Cool 8 will make a great dinner
[signature]
Yep. It will be my first taste of crappie. I've got them filleted and in the freezer. What's your favorite way to cook them up?
[signature]
Deep fried with a light batter and panko then a little bit of coleslaw wrapped up with a corn tortilla
[signature]
Gracias
[signature]
TubeDude posted a recipe a while back that is super good to make tacos with. So good that every time we have fish tacos my wife asks me to go fishing again so we can eat more fish tacos.
[signature]
I was Sad that I had to miss your last invitation so I'm glad I have a second chance. Problem is that I've never been to Pineview and haven't fished for crappie since I was a sprout. Would you be able to PM me with what I need to bring and help me find my way? Thanks
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks. I'll search for it. Then I'll get back out and catch some more to try his recipe on.
[signature]
I like to get a bag of flaming hot Cheetos crush them up to a fine powder with a rolling pin. Clean and prep the crappie into about inch and a half strips crack 1 egg into a bowl for a egg wash whip egg till the yoke and whites are blended together dip the crappie into the egg wash then coat with the Cheetos deep Fri in peanut oil on med heat for about 2 mins a side. Then eat plain or wrap it up taco style with what ever fixens you like and a lime wedges.. enjoy hope you like it
Good luck
[signature]
I'm gonna toss in that just about any panfish is great just fried in butter with onion powder, salt, pepper, and lemon. Nothing wrong with the classics.

Number two; a pan-fry and some Cajun seasoning.

Three; grab some Thai-style sweet chili sauce (comes in a bottle) and some sesame oil from the your local Asian market. Mix a half cup of the chili sauce with 2 tsp. sesame oil. Fry the fish up in a pretty hot pan with peanut oil (butter won't take the level of heat you want.) You want a little glaze or color on the fish, but avoid going all the way to black. Drizzle that sweet, tangy, toasty goodness over your fillets and eat with buttered rice and stir-fried veggies like cabbage, greens, broccoli, snow peas, green beans, etc. Just a hot pan, a little oil, garlic and a shake of ginger and salt.

Finally, if you are serious about frying fish, Panko is great, but again, the Asian foods markets have the secret sauce: a fantastic Korean style frying mix. Best I have used, great results, hard to screw up, can be used as a batter or a light wash, in deep or shallow oil, makes decent tempura, etc. Yellow bag, Korean writing.

https://www.amazon.com/Ottogi-Korean-Pan...B01MUFHO6N

In this page, it's the one on the right, just for reference. Both of the Ocean Marts have it, and the big Chinatown Market on State Street in Salt Lake, too.
[signature]
.Thinking about going up today how thick is the ice as I might bring a ATV?
[signature]
Thanks. There is an Ocean Mart not far from me. I'll have to go wander in it for some fixins soon.
[signature]