Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake Slushy?
We have been planning on taking grandkids to FL sat. but with the new snow am wondering if there has been enough to cause slush. If there is i'd like to take them somewhere else. Slush and I don't get along well let alone with a herd of little people there.
Been a couple of weeks since I was there and wondering if anyone has been since this new batch of snow.
[signature]
If you go give us a report, haven't seen any for a while.
Thanks,
[signature]
No slush on ice at all. Small little areas every 100' or so where snow has blown off and straight slick black ice.
Did not measure thickness where we were at but I would say it was at least 10". People had 4 wheelers and side by sides on ice.
Wind started up as we walked out on ice and blew all day long. Put 12 screws in on 6 man eskimo shed just to be safe and did not regret it.
There were lots of people there.
Fished with 2 Grandkids in 15' of water where they could see the perch down the holes.
They counted fish as we were leaving and they got to more than 70 perch before I got busy and did not hear the total. I would say we got 12 to 15 splake and bows, did not keep a count on them.
Fished from 10 am. to 2:30 pm.
[signature]
We went on Sunday, winds were calm most of day but a few gusts came by and caught a tent and several buckets. We fished out of Twin Creek and it was pretty slow, few Perch, Splake and bows.
[signature]