Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mussel Certification 2019
Yeah, I know still ice everywhere, but good time to get the required mussel certification done. Got mine and ready to go.

Ice go away!
BLK
[signature]
I'm ready to, have you checked on the harbor today, I was wanting your row boat on sunday.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Somebody can't wait for the spring cattin' to get started. [Wink]

I can't tease too much though. I had my certs the first week of the year.

I also have been waiting for the ice to open up so I can see if my Kayak is still sea worthy.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Ha! I beat ya by a couple of weeks. But the ice ain't goin' off any faster. But soon...I hope.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Is my seat still available?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Got mine 2 weeks ago.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Sounds like everybody is more on-the-ball that me. Ennyhow, got mine and I'm ready.

MSM-- I was at the first spring this a.m. at about 7:30 -- KOLD!, had to be in the teen degrees. No other fools there of course. Skim ice left only a puddle of open water at the spring. Caught three wb before I froze up and jumped in the truck to warm up. Should have waited for the sun to come up and the skim ice probably would have broken up and opened a little more water.

Water level is on the rise... the usual drive to the spring was covered with ice, had to blaze a trail to the south to get to the rocks. Kind of iffy cuz I was in my 2-wheel drive fishing special truck. Not sure I would try it again without four wheel drive available. The BS creek is flowing high and strong -- good! I'm beginning to believe we will have some water this year.

Not much going on out that way... a few duck hunters out and about and that's about it. Harbor ice is still solid but moving away from the ramp as the water level rises.

TD-- I haven't checked my boat lately but pretty sure your seat is still there.

Rat-- Big year ahead; boat or yak I'll be ready to give you lessons any time. Might be hard to get away from your girls (my great-grand daughters) but we can arrange a trip just for them. They have the fishing bug already; you're raising 'em right.

Ice go away!

BLKI
[signature]
Talking about duck hunting. The season ended last Saturday, goose is on for a few weeks. Did you see any geese flying around out that way?

Thanks
FNF
[signature]
Been there and done that a few weeks ago. Posted about it on here, where have you been?[Wink]
[signature]
FNF-- I did see a few geese just after daylight-- maybe 10 - 12 head. They were flying high and headed toward Bird Island. There were a couple of trucks parked along the creek access points and i assumed they were after ducks, didn't know the duck hunt was over. They were probably goose hunters. No shooing heard.

Sorry i missed your notice Kent. I do go into semi dormancy during the winter months. I worked back a couple of pages on the forum to see if there was an earlier heads up about the certification but didn't see one. Ennyhow, a second notice can't hurt and it just might save another dormant fisher from a citation.

Ice go away!

BLK
[signature]
Had to pull the boat home today from storage to charge batteries, clean it, and do some work on it before going to Sand Hollow a week or so. You should have seen the looks I got as I was towing it home !! Priceless. Decided that the next week is the week to get it all done as it will be fairly nice weather. Glad everyone reminded me of the Mussel certificate, will have to get on line and git-er-done !! TD, I don't know how you can keep you seat warm sitting in the water like you do !! Do you fill your rear pockets with hand warmers ??
"TD, I don't know how you can keep you seat warm sitting in the water like you do !! Do you fill your rear pockets with hand warmers ??"

[#0000FF]Gettin' kinda pers'nal there, ain'tcha Matt? If I didn't know you so well I might be offended at questions regarding my nether regions.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]There have been a lot of times out on the (cold) water when boaters would holler on me and ask if I was cold sitting down in that water. I usually answer that I am probably warmer than they are in their boat...even with arctic gear on. And the truth is that even though water wicks away heat faster than air does, proper layering under the waders usually takes care of it. After a FEW years of tubing I have managed to assemble the right layers for prevailing conditions.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I can't truthfully say I have never been cold. But if I have a good idea of what water temps will be and what the weather (wind) will be like I can usually stay fairly comfy. I do use the little hand warmers, but I keep them in my coat pockets to warm my fingers when the fingerless gloves ain't good enough. I have one finger that got frostbite a few years ago and it pains me when it gets too cold.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]About my nether regions. I usually explain that I am numb at both ends. But having an ample amount of blubber helps stave off the worst of the cold.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]TMI?[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Here, here !! Well put !!
Busy day today. Got my Quiz completed and laminated, all boat batteries charged, all safety equipment accounted for. ( Fire extinguisher fully charged) now if the weather would warm up to melt about a foot of snow I can get my boat out. Looking at mid Feb. Let the Catfish Contest begin!
[signature]
Cat contest don't usually start till March, but if the water turns from ice to liquid, I'll bet Ahi1953 will be on the river in a heartbeat.
I've been thinking about getting the Tin Can put back together in anticipation of soft water. But the storage unit I keep it in has not gone above 25 deg. since Christmas and even though I have worked many years on cold, wet, snowy, or icy flight lines, that was way back in my young, agile, and invincible days [:/]. With the surgeries I've had to foot, knee, and hands since 2010, those days are long gone. Give me a week or more of 40-50 deg. days and I'll have all my stuff ready to hit the water again.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool