Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Jan. 24
Friend and I hit this Res. abt 0800, fish started showing up pretty quick, off the bottom....we found 44 FOW, showing fish almost always thru the A.M., but pretty tite-lipped today (fishing solunar charts did say 'Poor' for today) but we did get few nicer perch each to have a good meal or two....smaller trout weren't as picky, showing up top to bottom....good A.M. to be out on the ice, tents not needed....edges very slushy on the way out, and if you're queezy about breaking thru the slush layer walking in or out.....well, plan on being queezy.... Guluk..
[signature]
Jmorfish, were the slushy edges you mention on the West side by chance?

Thanks,
[signature]
Jamorfish, I should have also asked what the ice thickness was an approximately what part of the lake were you on?

Thanks,
[signature]
Yup... OK...ice thickness was a good 10"......and from my truck, take 635 steps out to our holes, heading S/South East......no, that was heading N/North West.....Dang! I don't remember.....but it was definitely 635 steps out there, but we were sliding part of the way...maybe it was 365 steps.....Oh well, you'll enjoy finding a good area, just like we did, and that's part of the fun....Guluk....
[signature]