Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Narrows
Anyone have any reports on the narrows at Pineview and care to share your success stories? [Wink]
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
I've hit the narrows twice this season with two very different results. First trip caught plenty of fish but all were 4 to 6 inches. Second trip (about 10 days ago) only managed 1 4 inch perch. Haven't been recently since the climb out is a bugger with the low water level and the parking area hadn't been cleared so we nearly got stuck.
[signature]
I just returned from the Narrows and it was a bust. One measly small crappie. We threw everything at them and they just weren’t willing to play. Here’s a photo of what the ‘ol sonar looked like.
[signature]
Looks like you were marking lots of fish just no takers. Wonder if they were minnows / baitfish or just lazy jumbos. Did you have a lot of followers or did they seem oblivious to your rigs?
[signature]
Lots of followers, just no takers. We’d fish above the marks and they would come take a look and nibble ever so slightly, but hooking them was completely different. We hit a location that I’ve always had great luck with, just not yesterday. Oh well, we had fun anyway.
[signature]
That is how the crappie have been this year! Mark tons, catch few. [Sad]
[signature]
It may have been small crappie (that is what we experienced when we fished the Narrows from my boat). I like the looks of your fish finder. What brand and model is that?
[signature]
I think you’re right. It’s what we figured also. My sonar is a Marcum LX7.
[signature]
Sorry to hear the catching wasn't so good. My last trip we had the same marks on the finder with no bites. Dropped the camera down and confirmed they were bluegills and perch. Watched them take long looks at our offerings and then just swim away.
[signature]