Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Will Be Glorious
Though I'm sure his work is impeccable, I would never pay for a replica mount, by principle. It's just not the fish.

I've even been fooled before by good replica work, but it's still just a pretty sculpture, representative of a fish, as close as they can get it.

That's just me. I understand that people are fine with it and have their own reasons to support it. Totally fine.

I'm weird. Then again, I've never gotten anything mounted. I'm sure there are aspects to it that I don't understand. I would want it to be the actual skin of my fish, and the actual size/shape.

Gotta be a 5lb male brookie or maybe a 10lb male tiger for that though.

Maybe a record grayling...
[signature]
I'm just tickled that anyone cares enough about what I do to read my drivel.

Thank you.

And thanks, Funchy, Piscophilic, and TarponJim.

Much appreciated, guys.
[signature]
Are there any pike left in Redmond ?
[signature]
Awesome post and thank you for all the detail. These posts really motivate me to try new places. I've been to Joe's Valley once in the summer but I need to get up there ASAP based on your post. Congrats on those pigs! Nice fish!
[quote Buzzman55]Are there any pike left in Redmond ?[/quote]

There are still pike in there but you couldn't prove it by us.[Wink]
[signature]
Do you know if PaliSades has enough ice to safely fish it?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[quote catchinon]Do you know if PaliSades has enough ice to safely fish it?[/quote]

Last week one of the guys from the State Park said there was some open water on the south end of the reservoir when I asked if I could put my tube in so I'm not sure how safe the ice is.

Sorry I'm not much help.
[signature]
I understand, I still haven’t mounted one either. Too hard to decide what a mountable fish is. I kind of like pictures myself. Problem with that is when you fish alone and no one is around to take a picture of your big one. Later J
[signature]
Thanks and welcome to the board.

A lot of the people that post here more often have great info, so make sure to look around.
[signature]