Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport...?
Does anyone know how Rockport fished this past weekend? I just drove over there and only a few people were fishing this evening. By the looks of the tracks, it was busy this weekend.
[signature]
I would like to know also. I plan on going there tomorrow. How is the slush monster?
[signature]
We were there on the southwest side fishing in 28 to 35ft of water and had perch biting on the bottom and small trout 12ft down everywhere we fished. Perch ranged a lot in size, but caught plenty of 9" to 10" to make a fry. Ice was 14" and no slush, I felt bad for the hand auger people, but everyone around us was catching fish as well.
[signature]
Thanks for replying
[signature]
Fished it today (Wed, 30th). Started at 8am 1/2 way down on the west side in 35 fow. Did OK in the morning catching a dozen decent-nice perch and half a dozen planter trout. It really died after about 11am. Moved all around the lake with no improvent.

Be careful if you go to the southwest end of the lake near the inlet. There is a good inflow already and the ice goes from 15" to 1.5" in about a 10ft walk for well over a hundred yards out into the lake. Several dead deer poking out of the ice who found out the hard way.
[signature]
I was also there Wednesday. We were at the south end of the lake in the middle. No slush was very welcomed. We caught 15 cookie cutter planters in 17 FOW. from 7 to noon. No perch.
[signature]
It’s been warm lately. The lake has had standing water on top of the ice. With the snow, that is probably now slush. After tomorrow it will freeze up as ice.

Fishing usually has issues at rockport during weather. I am pretty sure that this Friday, after the storm has pushed out, will be way better. Both fishing and weather should improve.
[signature]