Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDO Fans???
So I don’t know how many of you ice anglers like fishing shows, but I really like In Depth Outdoors it’s on You Tube and they put out a new program each Saturday night or I usually watch it after church on Sundays. But the show is from the last week and is usually filmed in Minnesota or Wisconsin but they do an excellent job of telling you the how’s and why’s for ice fishing. How to pick locations and rig up and ideas of good equipment. Anyway if you’re looking for a great resource to help make you a better ice angler give it a shot. There’s a ton of older seasons as well to check out. For instance they hit Cascade one season and showed you how to do it up there. Let me know what you think? Later Jeff
[signature]
I’ve been a big follower of IDO for several years now. I highly recommend their shows.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
Yup me too, I started following them the season before they hit Cascade sort of on and off and I’ve got to be the “I can’t wait for next week guy” now. Good show and would love to win the chance to go fish with them. Glad I’m not the only obsessed fan. Later J
[signature]
Been watching them for several years now. Excellent show for both ice and open water anglers. Even though they are from the MN area and typically fish natural lakes, they teach great angling principles that point you in the right direction. With slight variations, I've applied many of their techniques very successfully here. I've added A LOT of new lures to my arsenal and gained a lot of confidence fishing with new things in many different situations.
[signature]
I’ll have to check into their softwater season stuff. I mostly just follow the ice season and if it’s as good as the ice stuff it will be fun to check out. What a great job that would be. Man that would be fun. Later J
[signature]
I have fished with James Holst many times back when I lived in MN and before he started his show. He is a quality guy all around and works hard at his craft. He is a never quit guy. We fished walleyes one night in late October on Mille Lacs in a sleet storm and below freezing temps and I mean all night. The bite was on and it is was one of those one more fish and we'll quit kind of thing. There was a couple of inches of ice on the floor of the boat when we were done. Highly recommend the show. There is also an IDO website that's worth an occasional visit.
[signature]
I record every show along with Jason Mitchells show. I also like Larry Smith Outdoors.Good shows about the Midwest outdoors.
[signature]
Man that’s pretty cool, James seems like he would be great company to fish with. You probably really like the show then taking you back to good memories and familiar waters. They sure look like fun spots to fish. How are you adjusting to Utah fishing? Are you enjoying it or longing for Minnesota? Thanks for the comments. J
[signature]
I’ll have to check out those suggestions. At least if they are on YouTube. Thanks for the tips. Later J
[signature]
Love IDO! It's a great informative and entertaining show. Some of the tactics they use (I fish pros w/ live minnows) makes me wish we had laws that allowed us to use those tactics.
[signature]
Really miss MN - fished a lot more there. 150+ days a year with a least 3 hours of fishing. Helps I lived on lake Minntonka[Wink] But I also love flyfishing and Kokanee, lakers and steelhead are now my favorites. If I get a hankering to fish walleyes there are enough waters here. I wish crappies were more common in UT.

And then there's hunting. I absolutely hated hunting from a tree stand so UT is better all around.
[signature]
It’s sure they have some great fishing and their gear closet is second to none. Thanks for the comments and welcome to BFT. J
[signature]
I’m glad you like it here. I do as well, but would be fun to hit some of those remote Canada lakes. Thanks for the info. J
[signature]
Watching on you tube or?
[signature]
I watch on YouTube search for in depth outdoors current season is 13 I think. But the old ones are great too. Later J
[signature]