Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking granddaughter
Taking my granddaughter for her 1st time ice fishing. How are the local ponds holding up ? Syracuse, Willow , Clearfeild, Bountiful, Farmington . I live in lyt so somewhere close. If not I will try EC or RP.
Thanks
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
Be careful if you go local. I took my kids out to Maybey Sunday afternoon. There was about 2 1/2" in most spots, less in others. There were some tweeners having a good time out there and broke through in a couple places. Ice was fading fast in the two hours we were there. There were several groups on Steeds, so it might have better ice, but we didn't check. Clinton pond has open water if you just want to fish
[signature]
Good to know... Thanks
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
Here's the report from the DWR on Bountiful:

Bountiful Lake
Slow

The lake is capped with five to six inches of ice. Please use extreme caution as the ice conditions continue to change. Fishing pressure is low and anglers are catching planter rainbow trout and are reporting slow fishing. Try using any color PowerBait, ice jigs tipped with wax or mealworms or artificial minnows. (01-24-19)

Holmes Creek Reservoir had plenty of ice a couple of weeks ago and we caught several rainbows and other species. It is walk-in access only--you'll need to get a free permit from DWR; it's a short hike down an old road. Just be careful of the edges.

Good luck and have fun.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Farmington pond has at least 8 inches. It is still very fishable.
[signature]