Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation ? Any reports
I'm planning a trip this weekend. I was hoping some fellow anglers will share some info. How safe is the ice by the bridge, how's the rainbow bite? All positive responses are appreciated. God bless n be safe.
[signature]
Curios too. Did anyone do out to the fishing comp. was surprised we didn’t here any reports from it
[signature]
I fished the area south of the Highway 40 bridge last Thursday with three friends. We got on the lake from the Camperworld State Park ramp. I parked my truck in the large plowed parking lot for the City Cemetery and we rode my snowmobile down to the ramp and out onto the ice. There were a few slush pockets but they were no problem for the snowmobile. There was a little snow on the ice so walking was no problem.

Fishing was very slow for us. We fished depths from 20 to 45 feet. We caught a few smaller rainbows (12-14 inches) and only one 11 inch perch was harmed in the making of this report.

The ice was about 10 inches thick everywhere we drilled a hole. We fished in several spots beginning about 200 yards south of the bridge to an area around the corner about one mile toward the river inflow. The fishing just didn't pan out for us. I hope to try another area either Thursday or next week.
[signature]
Anyone been to Bunny Gulch, ice report there?

Thanks
[signature]
I fished it earlier this month and it was awful. Just south of the bridge, as that's where the bite was better, so said the DWR report.

It was a big flop. One skinny rainbow for me and two for my buddy.

I wish I could dial that lake in better, but I haven't had a good day there in a few years.
[signature]
Thanks for your report about camper world. I was just looking at that on google earth. They gave you no problem driving to the launch?
Came from bunny gulch last week, ice was great all the way around the point down to the bridge. Most everyone had perch some at 11 inches, aswell as some small walleye.
Had great access to the ice there.
The perch are moving around a lot. Using perch meat and small spoons.
I'm thinking next week Tuesday. Ill be on my artic cat red wheeler . watch for me.
[signature]
[#0000FF]You can't go through the campground without getting hassled. But there is a dirt access road that swings around the west side of the campground on State Park land. See attached picture. And if you park up on top they will boot your tires...so park down below.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
We unloaded my snowmobile in the City's cemetery parking lot. We then used the road that goes down to the ramp as shown on TD's map. I called the Camperworld site manager, Robert, and he was very friendly and helpful. I told him of my intention to access the ramp while avoiding any conflict with their property. The access to the State Park ramp is a public access. The road down to the ramp has not been plowed and the snow is too deep to drive a 4x4 down. An ATV could probably make it Just avoid parking on the Camperworld property or their access.

Mike
[signature]
Thank you great information. Can you give me the name and number of the host?
[signature]
I don't have access to it now. If you look up Lakeside Resort at Starvation Reservoir, you'll find the number.

Mike
[signature]