Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Trout - Best Place?
I have not been able to get into Tiger Trout for a few years and was wondering where the best place to go would be to catch them through the ice.
I use to fish Huntington when the numbers, size, and lack of people made the trip worth it.
Any thoughts?
[signature]
Where do you live?

You might try Currant Creek Reservoir. Tip your jigs with small minnows and you should do alright at some point. I try to start early in shallow water and move deeper as the day progresses, then back to shallow in the evening.
[signature]
Having not fished there before, is it drive in accessible this time of year, or take the snowmobile to get there? Looks like a fun spot to try... In a good area for fish anyway... Thanks J
[signature]
They usually plow the road up to the dam. It typically gets snow-packed in the winter but most vehicles can make it. There are two steeper hills that can get slick at times. Normally passable.

The tigers can get really big in there. Also cutts and bows in there too.
[signature]
Thanks for the info, I may try it sometime on a Strawberry trip... Thanks J
[signature]
Paragonah Reservoir has lots of tigers right now and early ice fishing reports were for pretty fast fishing. If you had a snowmobile, it would be a good bet right now.

Mill Meadow is another good place to try as would Kent's Lake on the Beaver Mountain.

But, I am guessing you are talking about the northern part of the state...
[signature]
Thanks for the info!
North or South - if it has ice...I have a Snowmobile....anywhere is worth a shot. I don't usually base my fishing decisions on how far I have to drive.

I'm actually driving down to Vegas tomorrow. I was going to turn right around and drive back tomorrow night....but now I may take my gear and sled with me and hit it on the way home Friday.
When you mention having a Snowmobile.....can you drive all the way to the lake or do you need the sled to get in that far? Or do I just need the sled once I get to the lake?
[signature]
Prior to the last snow storm you could drive all the way to Paragonah. That last storm snowed enough to warrant snowmobile the whole way up the canyon -- but it's warmed up since then, and much of the snow has melted. It might be a muddy mess driving up the canyon now....

If you do go, be prepared!

Send us a report of what you find out.
[signature]