Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow Depth Flaming Gorge
We are looking to try the burbot fishing this weekend. Just wondering how road 11 and road 049 is access wise? Thought maybe someone had traveled those roads last weekend on the bash and could give us a heads up on what to expect. Thank you for any information
[signature]
At the Bash, I didn't try to access the lake that far north, but I heard than chain's or sleds were the only way to access Lost Dog. All of the dirt roads I wanted to try were completely closed due to snow drifts, and travel on the ice was tough to some sketchy ice conditions and plenty of slush pockets on the ice.

I know that the major access points were plowed, including Anvil Draw, Brinegar ferry crossing, and we stuck around Buckboard. I prefer to fish along the east side, but from what I could gather Flaming Gorge road itself was accessible, but the access roads off of it to the lake were real sketchy. In my limited experience, it was the most snow I had seen up there, and the drifting snow and slush were annoying. I hope conditions have improved.
[signature]