Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine Conditions?
Does anyone know if you can drive up to the lake or is that road too snow packed so you have to park at the bottom of the dam and hike up? Need a Snowmobile?

Also looking for ice/slush conditions - especially around the edges.

Thanks
[signature]
I'd like a current update as well... It was pretty ugly weekend before last, but it's had a while to settle out some... Snow was pretty deep on the road and I'm planning on taking the sled (snowmobile) when I go again... Would like to know if edge gaps have frozen solid enough to cross yet, or is a plank still necessary to get on the ice? I'll probably try it Friday... unless I decide to burn a day off and go Thursday... If I do I'll pass on what I found... Later J
[signature]
I have not been out on the ice but I have driven up twice in the last 2 days. They are ice fishing. Everything looks good- road is drivable . I did go up in my side by side but there were 3 trucks and 2 SUV's up there.
[signature]
Thanks for that update, could you tell if they needed planks to get on the ice? That sounds like a lot of pressure for midweek up there. Thanks for the info. J
[signature]
saw no planks- no slush- this was actually Sat and Sunday. a few tents across the dam width and one off the inlet 1/2 way down on the south side.
[signature]
Was up yesterday no one on the ice temp was about 0
[signature]
Thanks so much for that update... Will be great if I don't have to take a plank down in and back up out... Think I might take tomorrow off and go try it... Thanks a lot... J
[signature]
Thanks for that update, can you drive a vehicle to the top end of reservoir now, or just to the top of the dam? Still trying to decide if I take the snowmobile or just the truck... Thanks Jeff
[signature]
I cant honestly say- The road did go on after the dam but I never saw around that next corner. Did see some sharptails though at the cattle guard a ways before the river coming up.
[signature]
Thank you very much for that info... I'll assume it's not good beyond there and take the sled just to be safe... Thank you so much for the info, will be good to be somewhat prepared for what I find up there... Thanks Jeff
[signature]