Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe's Valley Not So Glorious Today
After seeing LOAH's great post and photos about his trip to Joe's Valley on Saturday, a couple of friends and I decided to try JVR for ourselves today. It was a beautiful day with mild temps and very little wind until around 1:30 p.m. when a 10-12 mph breeze came up.

We fished in the same general area off of the Seely Creek inflow. We fished at depths between 26 and 48 feet. Fishing was pretty slow most of the day with only a few fish showing themselves on our electronics. I caught 4 splake in the morning and we didn't do well at all in the afternoon. My two friends did not harm or harass any fish in the making of this post. Two other locals joined us during the day and one of them caught one small splake and he had a few other hits. The splake I caught today were all between 16 and 19.5 inches and all were released.

Our high hopes to duplicate LOAH's good fortune were dashed. I was hoping to catch one of those beautiful cutts but that will have to wait for another day.
[signature]
Sorry Mike sounds like you have my luck... Glad you gave it a try though... They sure were pretty fish for sure in LOAH's post... Glad you got some splake, I mean they sounded like nice fish too plus another species for the contest... Later J
[signature]
Day late and a dollar short Top..
[signature]
It's the story of my Life! But there's always another day, at least for awhile.
[signature]
It still beats a day stuck at a desk! Thanks for the report, Mike
[signature]
At least you're back at your desk. How long to catch up so you can go fishing again?
We're going next Tuesday if it's time for you to take a "day off".

Mike
[signature]
Ouch! Sorry, that's gotta burn.

Crazy how that works out. It was just a freak day, I guess.

Regardless, JVR has my attention again and I'm sure to spend some more time there this year.

Float tube in the spring sounds about right.

Better luck next time!
[signature]