Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About to start a New Adventure
Moving to Salem from Southern California this spring and looking forward to doing lots of ultralight jig fishing for lots of new species to me. White Bass, Perch, Walleyes, and Smallmouth are all new to this angler. Need to research lakes and methods (no bait) walking the bank and breaking out the float tube if it still holds air. Two pond test and no more than 1/32oc. Jigs is what I’m use to as well as fly rod and float tube. Not sure if ice fishing will be something I do but you never know. Plan on me asking for tips and locations this coming few years.
[signature]
Cool! You're coming to a great place for all of that. Who knows, with Utah Lake so close, you might even start using bait and heavy set ups to feel the tugs of those big catfish. You'll have lots of good options though so this is a good place to look for info.
[signature]
Welcome to Central Utah and the forum. I live right next door to you in Spanish Fork. I will be happy to show you what I know and maybe we can share the adventure.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Welcome to the site and your future move to Utah. Good luck on the 2# test line. I enjoy catching good sized Channels with multiple strands of fishing line hanging out of their mouth. Guess that’s why there are so many stories about the One That Got Away. 🤪 Good luck.
[signature]
Welcome to the site. I’m close by you in Santaquin. I do a lot of cat fishing if your interested in trying that. Just let me know.
[signature]