Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek
anyone fish at Deer Creek over the weekend? any news on if there is good ice still?
[signature]
I saw a few people near the island yesterday. Looked pretty slushy. I'd have walked out and checked, but I discovered I'd forgotten one of my boots when I left. I might have some free time in the next couple hours, so I'd better go out there and try a new lure I just got.
[signature]
I took my 6 year old boy out Saturday morning. We fish near the island and near the boat ramp by the island. Fished 30' to 10'. Only marked 2 fish the entire morning from 730-1130. Caught 1 of the 2. Slow day with not much movement. Only saw 1 other person catch something.
[signature]
if you do go, let me know. Thinking about going up there tomorrow, but if its really slushy we might bail on DC.

thanks for you info guys!
[signature]
No slush on Friday.
Ice over 8 inches in the middle by the island. Two layers
Even the edges were solid.
Fishing and watching for fish on the finder was slow.
Weather was great
[signature]
We've had much colder weather the last few days. Has anyone checked on the ice at Deer Creek since January 4? I'm hoping to go this Saturday (January 9) but only if the ice is safe.
[signature]
So I went to Deer Creek on Saturday (Feb 9) morning. First I tried my favorite place, by Charleston, up at the north end, where the Provo River enters. The parking lot was totally empty, so I figured something was wrong. Sure enough, when I looked out at the lake where I thought there would be ice, I saw ducks swimming in mostly open water. There was a trail along the edge with tracks in the snow showing that some people had gone down to where they might find some ice, but I decided to try the Island instead. There were quite a few people fishing around the Island, so I went to the south side of that bay, opposite the Island. I've had good luck there in the past, but not this day. The temperature was 30 degrees, the ice was 10 inches thick with an inch or two of snow on top, and there was almost no wind. Perfect conditions! But I fished for four hours in various holes at various depths and never got a nibble. I finally decided to walk around and ask other people fishing in that area if they'd had better luck. Some had a couple of fish, and one guy had about 8 or 10 fat perch, but generally everyone said the fishing was slow. With the cold weather we've had and that is forecast, I'm hoping the Charleston end will freeze by next Saturday.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. It's good to know where the ice is thick and where it isn't.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.