Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie question
So I just bought my first big boat. I know there are some safety items I must have but I’m not sure what. I know fire extinguisher and whistle are a couple items. Can someone tell me what the other ones are. Thanks
[signature]
Operating bilge pump, life preserver for each person, navigation lights, horn or whistle, Bill of sale, proof of insurance. To be sure check the Utah Boating Regulations. Post some pics and details.
[signature]
It’s a 1996 campion Allante 505. It’s in overall good condition but does need a new windshield which I’m working on getting. Hopefully I can get glass for it. It puts out 135 hp. It just had a new battery put in, carb rebuilt, fluids changed, so it should be ready for the year. I don’t know much about these boats, it’s a big upgrade from an aluminum boat.
[signature]
Your gona have alot of fun in that, dont for get to run your blower before you start it, sorry about the windshield, you might get lucky and find one, I broke my drivers side putting snaps on the frame. POP glass fell into the boat, alot of kussin and crying, still find glass every year, you have seen my boat, we have the same type of glass its a compound angle, called Bayliner they had none and they has threw away the molds for the glass, I searched all over the web made a lot of calls, finally found a place in Florida to make a lexan one, marked the frame removed it and shipped it to them, when I got it back, it wasnt perfect, had to sand some corners a bit, the only one that can tell is me that its fake.
I would start with the manufacturer see if they have one, maybe there is a glass company here now that can make it for you, I cant remember who made it for me, it was a few years ago, let me know if you have any question.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
A throwable floatation device and an oar are the only things I don't see on the list. Good luck
[signature]
I found someone but they are quoting between 4000-5000 to get it and I’m not that desperate for a windshield. I’ll get plexiglass done first. My kids are not quite as excited as me but a couple are wanting to get get out and don’t understand it winterized and so we can’t quite take it out yet lol. But soon as we can it will be out. They want to be pulled on a tube but I don’t think they realize the water needs to warm up either. Learning all around I guess.
[signature]
Thanks I didn’t think of a throwable.
[signature]
I paid around 6-7 hundred, look on the utah state park website under boating, there is alot of information and check lists to look at, remember youtube university you can find out how to do anything. what outdrive does your boat have on it.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Here is a link to the requirements:
https://stateparks.utah.gov/activities/b...checklist/
[signature]
Thank you for the the link very helpful. I have decipher what some of them are lol but I’ll learn it’s a great list I printed it and will be going through it
[signature]
It’s an aplpha one gen II out drive. I’ll have to to watch YouTube a lot. Found out about a product called lexan that they use for atv’s and such that don’t scratch and that bends so it may work for a replacement windshield.
[signature]
If you have any questions about what they are talking about please ask, I'm sure one of us can help.
[signature]
thats what mine is, use good soft cloth to clean, that sound like a mec kind, not familiar wiht inboards, before you launch at lincoln make sure it can be put in gear and run with out drive half way up, lincoln is still to low to run the motor all the way down,

BIG reminder that the middle of the dock there is a pile of rock that have been throw in to check ice thickness, have your motor towards the east and west ends not the middle, that is the only place I have hit my prop[Sad]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Thanks for the heads up. The last think I want is to to be damaging a prop at the dock of all places especially with as much as I go to bird island lol. People don’t realize what their doing when they throw rocks out there... I don’t allow my kids to do it for that reason.
But I appreciate the pointers I need all I can get.
[signature]
Provo might be a better place to make a maden voyage, but there stay to the north east side of the harbor, stay next to the north dike going to the main lake, yes i know where the mud is there.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
So a couple questions on the checklist: what is spare propulsion? What is a bailing device? What is an approved flame arrestor?
[signature]
Spare propulsion is another motor, in case your main motor goes out, you have a back up motor, like a kicker motor or electric motor.
Bailing device is a bucket or a bilge pump, some way of bailing water out of your boat.
Approved flame arrestor, is a fire extinguisher.
[signature]
Also an oar can be your second propulsion device.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Oh good thanks . I was worried how I was going to get get money for a second motor lol. That helps I was hoping an oar would count but wasn’t sure thanks
[signature]
Thanks for the clarification and timely manner on replying. I think I have just about everything if it works now is the key. If this darn snow snow would stay in the mountain I could find out lol
[signature]