Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otter Creek help
I'm headed to otter creek this weekend and have never been there. Good place to walk out on the ice, depths, and lure selection please? Any advice would be great.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. I have done well on the north end. You will see roads leading down to the ice. That is the shallow end and I have done well in closer to shore (water 5' or so) and also out in the middle (water 15' or so). I know others like to fish on the south end (around the state park and also around the dam area).
[signature]
Easy access down whole west side of res. Slowly deepens as you go south towards the dam.
Haven't been there in a month or so, so no help with ice thickness. I am planning on going there Sat. the 9th.
You might be able to look back at some past posts for lures etc. Last week Granny asked us what to fish with there and nobody said a word. Kind of a tight lipped bunch around here.
[signature]
Pink paddle bugs have worked for me this year. Tipped with a piece of nightcrawler. The fish are big but overall fishing has been much slower than last years.
[signature]
Thanks guys! Best of luck to everyone goin out this weekend. I'll post an update of my trip.
[signature]
We went to Otter Creek a week ago. The lake is way down. Up North is hardly any water. Most guys are fishing South end in about 10 to 15 feet of water. We caught fish from 3 ft to 14 feet. All over the place. Caught some nice big rainbows. We iced about 9 nice ones and let many smaller ones go. Wax worms worked great on white, yellow, orange and pink bugs.
[signature]
Great info. Thanks! Wanting to smoke some trout so i hope we hook up decent
[signature]