Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limit of crappie
Hit pineview last night it was cold but the fishing was on fire.
We took our snowmobiles to look for new spots and find the hungry crappie after drilling about 50 holes we found a few . Set up on them and soon the bite was on .
Didn't seem to matter what we dropped down the hole crappie were biting . Fishing till 11 pm cought our limit and packed up . It was cold last night -3 back at the truck
[signature]
where did you launch and was it slushy thanks
[signature]
Very nice limit of crappie. Good job!
[signature]
We left out of the west marina. And there was no slush it was pretty cold so everything was frozen tight ..

Here is a pic of a pile of meat 40 crappies
[signature]
Nicely done -- hope to be able to join up with you one of these evenings....Guluk...
[signature]
Nice mess o’ fish, great job!

What is the snow depth on the ice? Slush?

Wondering if I have the desire to get out to deeper water dragging the sled...it can be brutal! Most of my successful trip up this year I have found them as deep as you can get...42’ of water.

Thanks! Zach
[signature]
Friday there was no slush.. the snow on top of the ice was about 3 inches . We did move around a lot looking for the fish. we looked for deeper water but with out heading to the narrows the deepest we found was about 43 feet and only small perch we drilled probley 50 holes starting at the west marina and working out or way north and then south finly found a good school of nice crappie.
[signature]
Nice!

When we find the big Crappies they seem to be more dispersed in the column with fewer but larger marks on the flasher...usually when the whole screen is lit up it seems to be the schools of smaller fish. That is what we have found anyways. If you head out from the ramp a ways and then to the right there are some deeper basins that tend to hold some larger ones. Of course the next day they seem to disappear! We did find some good ones off Cemetery but those seem to be fished out.

Thanks for the info
[signature]
Yes . The huge schools filling the screen of the flasher seem to be the little guys I like to fish away from the small towns that seem to pop up on the weekends . Ya. We ventured south about 100 yards but changes directions. I have found food crappie on the north side before
[signature]
Well, when ya going again? I came up dry my first couple tries, even when I get away from the crowd.

50 holes is a heck of a lot, tho!
[signature]
Ya it's a lot of holes nut sometimes ya gada punch a few holes to find the fish i am going again Thursday evening
[signature]
I'm currently fighting some pinched nerves in my neck.

My left tricep and part of my forearm are half paralyzed, I've lost a ton of muscle mass on that side, and it''s fairly painful. I think my hand-auger limit would be closer to 5 holes.
[signature]
We already have the new spot gps so we know right where we are going plus we have gas auger no problem to drill you a few holes
[signature]
nice haul, Maybe this spring I can find a few Crppie like that.
[signature]