Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cataholic cat rigs?
Thanks for the Lincoln update. I’ve been wanting to drive out there for nostalgia sake but one thing or another happens, usually kids. But your very descriptive tale allowed me to live it. I’ve always loved the snow and welcomed every inch and hoped for more....until this year. The catfishing can’t come soon enough for some reason. This is only my third year fishing, second year in the contest but it feels like ages. I know green field is just over the hill....
[signature]
Lynn, I know and feel your withdrawal symptoms [:/]. I kind of soothed some of mine yesterday by getting my Cat poles and my medium duty general purpose poles out of the boat shed and re-spooling their reels with new line. Went thru 2 of 3 of my tackle boxes / bags and cleaned, straightened, and noted what needed to be restocked, pre-positioned our 2019 Cat Contest placards (a copy for each of us in each tackle box), replaced last years Fishing Guide Book, made sure my tape measure was readable, retied several leaders with new line and hooks.
Soon as there is a few days all strung together with better weather (at least not snowing or raining) plan to get the boat over to Brian's Canvas for some additional shade canvas in the bow area. Once that is done, I'll get it up to the Willard south marina to do my start of season maintenance. Oil change, lower end lube change, then a drive thru the self help car wash to clear hot water pressure wash all the inside and outside down with it tilted in trailer, then back to the shed to get all the equipment and what-not put back in to make it launch ready.
Still waiting on my auto-inflate recharge kits from Cabela's, but they should be here next week.

Best of luck to ya this year, see out on UL someday. [fishon]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Right back at ya Forest. I'll be watching for you on the big pond this year... my guess is that you will be anchored up in that hole of yours on the north side of Bird Island?

I sure know what you mean about getting ready, to get ready, to get ready... seems like almost a constant process during these cold days of Feb. I guess we need to be thankful for all the snow cuz it will sure help out later this summer... i hope. It is tough to fish UL all year and then not have enough water to launch for the late summer. Lookin' much better this year.

During my last visit to the LB launch I chanced upon an old man who was draped in full fishing regalia. Turns out he was a soothsayer and this is what he said:

"The catfish contest winner will come from UL this year and will measure just over 36 inches and will be taken by a long time cataholic who has been after a 36 incher for several years. The northern boys, John in particular, will be catching mostly mudders with a few sub-25 inch channels. All indicators point to a banner year for the southern team with very few bigguns' coming from from points north of SLC."

That's what he said and I believe him.

Soon, it will begin. Best to ya.

BLK
[signature]
I figured you would be down there to day, Yesterday one boat launched, he was after eyes, still a bit cold water,

I always like it when i talk to soothsayer hes a good guy.
he was saying there will be very little wind and eye fishing will be great this year.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh] yeah, OK Lynn....we will see how accurate your sooth sayer is.................. wife and I were just talking about how cool it would be if we each caught a nice 36 incher out of UL, and put us up near the top of the running this year............well we can dream too you know............[Wink][fishon]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
[#0000FF]Easy there sir. Better slow down on snorting that smelly jelly.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
You wrote:

"Maybe we should attend some Fishaholics Anonymous meetings together. I understand they have a great 12 cast program. Not sure though. I heard it was just someplace you go with other anxious anglers to get drunk...and nobody knows who you are."

I heard one of the great traditions is called "13th-stepping". I hear that's where people mingle after the meeting and set dates to go out together. Went out with several guys last year and hope to again this season. They aren't very good looking but they know how to show a feller a good time. [shocked][Wink][blush]

P.S. Forgot to tell you, we always meet by some old lake somewhere where not many people are around.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.