Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Gear
This looks interesting.

https://youtu.be/EaDE0RiEgdc
[signature]
Just got mine. Love it!! No registration/insurance. Transport easily, easy to move alone. List goes on. Saw one at the Gorge two weeks ago too. He said the same.
Looks fun
[signature]
Has anyone ran one of these in 12" plus powder? If so how do they handle deep snow? Pretty dang cool machine! Looks very interesting.
[signature]
I’ll second what 6x7 reported and add to his list. I got mine last summer and have been running it at Cascade. I’m still on a learning curve with operation, but it has handled snow, slush and glare ice. It’s compact and takes up much less space than a snowmobile or wheeler. It’s been great. As far as I know, there’s one dealer in SLC.
[signature]
I bought one in 2017. Make sure you get the reverse option!
Buy the larger model also. People who have bought the “Compact”, said they should have bought the larger model.
I have had mine going thru snow that covered the top of the engine.
For my Tacoma, I bought a 500lb. weight limit aluminum hitch hauler trailer that tilts and has a ramp. You do not need the ramp because the trailer tilts. It is the perfect fit for the Snowdog. I put the sled over the top of the Dog and it protects the Dog when traveling. I hatchet strap it down to my truck.
I fish by myself most of the time and I can handle loading and unloading easily.
Takes some time to handle TURNS in snow! It will turn over on its side and will shut off automatically.
I also put “ice studs” in the track. BIG difference on ice. Do not use snowmobile studs!! I have the brand that I use.
Anyone who buys one, we should stay connected to help each other out.
There is a new dealer in SLC. I have location. I bought from a dealer in Michigan. That was the closest dealer!
I have talked to a lot of the dealers(most know very little) about questions on the machine.
[signature]
I sell the snow dog machines and we are the local dealer in Utah. Feel free to post questions and I will be happy to answer them. Also, feel free to shoot me an email travis@backwaterperformance.com or give me a call at the shop 385-695-3811
[signature]
Is there any place to rent them for a day?
[signature]
We do not rent them at this time no.
[signature]
Bummer! Let me know if that changes Smile
[signature]
[quote REPETER]Bummer! Let me know if that changes Smile[/quote]

Ditto, I would be interested in renting and trying it out as well
[signature]
There is a used one for sale on the For Sale board, maybe you can talk him into taking it out on a test run.
[signature]
Adam Ekael has been using one on the KSL Outdoors show. looks very interesting. Might get an old fart like me back ice fishing !!