Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum Conditions?
Would like to go ice fishing on Saturday at Hyrum. Has anyone been recently or going tomorrow that can report on the ice conditions around the shore, and how the fishing is? If the conditions are bad, info on Porcupine, Mantua, or Newton would be appreciated as well, thanks - will report on wherever I end up on Saturday.
[signature]
There was 14 inches of solid ice last Friday when I was out there. I had a 4 wheeler on the ice without any issues. It has been raining all day today in Hyrum so I don’t know the current conditions.
[signature]
The ice may be good, but it looks pretty wet and sloppy right now, to the point that clouds are reflected on the surface water/slush.

http://hyrumdamcam.com/
[signature]
I think you’ll have a little slush issue, but the edge gap getting on the ice is what I’m worried about myself. Be prepared with a plank. Good luck J
[signature]
Ended up fishing on the far west side. Got there around 9:00, fished for a few hours, got one solid bite on a teardrop tipped with mill worm, but nothing else. Didn't see many other people getting much love either, but still a nice day. Just a little slushy, but the edges were not bad, no plank needed.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I didn’t find much this weekend either. Got skunked one trip and a pair of crappie on the other. Trying to decide what to try today. Later J
[signature]