Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kauia fishing
just reaching out to see if any of you fishermen or fisherwomen have ever chartered a fishing trip in kauai Hawaii i am going for ten days and im thinking on going out for a day . Any recommendations, how did you do ? cost ? i just googled it but there are many to choose from and very little on how they do and how much it is.
thanks
[signature]
I've been to Kauai twice but we stayed at a timeshare that we owned at the time. They would have local guides come to the condos once a week and talk about the different options available. Sorry I don't remember their name now. We caught a few fish, Wahoo and tuna but nothing over 5 or 6 lbs. The cost then was around $80 for half day trip but tat was a few years past.
If you know where you are staying, you might give them a call and see if they would recommend someone. Here is something I just Googled:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-...awaii.html
Good luck
[signature]
Dont have a ton of details, but I know I had a friend go out of Kapaa and did well for smaller tuna and mahi mahi

I'm a more familiar with Big Island (Kona) and Maui fishing as I have only been to Kauai one time and did not fish while I was there.
[signature]