Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Perch-what happened!
I am taking some young men out for ice fishing on Monday. Would appreciate advice on where to take them. Would prefer to get in to perch as numbers out fun size with young boys.

I have been to Echo, it was slow for me today, zero perch, 2 limits of plantar rainbows. I have not read any reports on Rockport, Pineview, Mantua, Hyrum, East Canyon, etc. Fish Lake is getting too far away.

Recommendations/suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
[signature]
We’ve done quite well for perch at Hyrum if your willing to walk a little. Park at swim beach and head to the inlet. Have caught plenty of perch up there. Most are 5 to 7 inches but still fun to catch. Good Luck.
[signature]
Wish I could help you. We caught a lot of perch early in the season up at Echo. But we went today and found nothing for perch. I think the lake level has risen a lot from when we went in December. This may have caused the perch to relocate.
[signature]
What condition is the edge? Can I get the wheeler on ok?
[signature]
We saw a couple wheelers on the ice. Not sure where they got on and off, I’m guessing up by the boat ramp. We got on the ice down toward the dam, and there is 4 feet of thin ice. I broke through and went up to my knees while getting off.
[signature]
Thanks, looks like it's going down hill fast. That's good news to me.
[signature]