Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry ?
I don't see anyone posting about strawberry, is there too much snow or slush to contend with?
[signature]
From what I’ve heard, yes. I have two snowmobiles and I’m not attempting it.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
Thanks for the info, I was thinking about going up midweek to try fishing but that sounds like a negatory at least for a few weeks.
[signature]
I know a guy (not me) who is going up tomorrow. I will ask him how it went and report back.
[signature]
Thanks, I might be interested in a trip up mid week if conditions permit.
[signature]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Pete,[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You can always call the Lodge/Store [/size][/font][/#800000](435-548-2261) [size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"]a[/font][/size][#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]nd ask them for current conditions. Can't imagine that with them being the snowmobile rental business that they would not know the current conditions on the lake.
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
We went Saturday night from Strawberry Bay Marina. We took sleds over to the meadows. We didn't hit any super bad slush pockets, going out, but when we stopped, it was readily apparent that we were in for a slushy stay. Walking we broke through every step.

When we got there , we piled up snow to get it to freeze up and stay out of the slush. We managed to stay out of it after that. We did see one group stuck and they ended up leaving their sled because they couldn't get it out.

I would go out again on sleds in those conditions. Just be careful, and be smart about where yo go. It will be fine. Also, it was very cold when we left and no real snow in the forecast, so it should firm up over the next few days.
[signature]
I have stayed there before and have their number.
[signature]
Thanks for the info, not sure if I will try a trip up this week or not.
[signature]
Report from my friend was no issues running snowmobiles around the Strawberry Marina Bay; however, broke through to slush setting up to fish. Packed down the snow and was ok after that.
[signature]
That was my experience, today. No issues with the snowmobiles/sleds, but about 12 inches of slush under the snow. The kids could walk fine, but adults went through almost every step. Packed it down and had no issues in the tent.
[signature]
Please keep posting if you go up during the week. I know a group heading out on Saturday and need to get them into. Most on foot. Where would be best? Ladders or marina?
Thanks
[signature]
Im probably not the one to ask about that, I haven't been on it this winter.
[signature]
There is a bit of snow up there.... hopefully parking is not an issue for you. Get there soon to find a spot, for sure...

Here's a picture of the road between US 40 and the turn off into Strawberry Bay from Saturday afternoon. They were plowing out when we left at 8 pm. It is deep.....

The parking lot at the marina is getting smaller from all the snow piles. Not sure what parking looks like at the Ladders. Maybe someone else who has been there will chime in.
[signature]