Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Report
My buddy and I got to East Canyon Canyon boat ramp at 10:00 Monday morning and fished till 3:30. We took snowmobiles across to the South side and setup in 14 -18 FOW . We fished 6-14 ft down. My buddy caught 8 rainbows and I caught 5. A green jig head on a white paddle bug and a small green shrimpo both tipped with wax worms did the trick. Ice was 19” thick at that spot . There was 4” of snow on top and the edges were good. No problems getting the snowmobiles on and off the ice at the boat ramp. A warm sunny day on the ice.
[signature]
Thanks for the report and pics, sounds like a good day. Are they plowing the ramp? I know in years past they pile up the snow, right at the top of the ramp.
[signature]
No the ramp is snow packed with snow piled up at the top. Between piled up snow and vehicles parked at the top of the ramp it was a little tight unloading the snowmobiles.
[signature]
Just like normal, I know it's a smaller ramp than Rockport or Jordanelle but it would be nice if they plowed it. Seems like all state parks have different policies when it comes to Winter maintenance.
[signature]