Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/17/19 Holmes
I was on Holmes for about 3 hours on Sunday. Caught some Rainbows on the southern portion of the northeastern cove, in the south cove on the northern portion, we got into a few blue gills and some LMB. Caught mostly with Clam 1/16th tungsten jigs tipped with waxies. We were there from 8 to 1, fishing pretty close to shore in about 20 FOW.
Thanks for the report, how long were the LMB? I haven't been to that place in a lot of years, so I don't really remember how big it is, I was thinking it was only 100 yds long but it sounds like it is bigger.
[signature]
Holmes Creek is just over 20 surface acres when it's full so it's not a bad sized little pond.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I'm assuming that was still on the ice... How is it holding? Thanks J
[signature]
Ice was probably 10 inches. The sides can be a little thin, test it before you step out. I’ve attached some pictures of the LMB we got.
Nice bass. Way to go. Later J
[signature]
Thanks for the report with the details. I still want to get back up there and catch some bass. Did you catch them with the same rig as the bluegill?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

It's at least 200 yards long. It's more a small lake to my thinking than a pond.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Must have been bitter cold that day, because your face is all blue in that one picture.[Wink]
[signature]
@Catchinon. Yup, simple 1/16th tungsten jog with a waxie.