Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic Res
Went ice fishing on Magic and it was a perch day. We tried to catch trout but had no success. We caught 70+ perch all around 9-10inches and kept a bunch for dinner. The kids enjoyed eating them and we had a blast.
I am still learning about the reservoirs up here because I am new to Idaho (2yrs). I come from south of the border (Utah) but love it up here in Idaho.
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
Our best method for trout is trying to catch perch!
[signature]
My last trip we had 130 perch but i had a limit of trout also. Usually the perch are close to the bottom. I set my trout rods from 5 feet under ice to 15 feet. I usually fish from 25 to 40 feet deep. Those trout also love to be jigged in that lake. Kind of funny, some lakes prefer a dead stick, magic is not one of them
[signature]
Looking to try some new puddles this year is there lodging near the reservoir? If so the name and any other info would be appreciated. I am headed to cascade march 1-4 but a shorter drive would be nice[fishon]
[signature]
Some friends went last week for two days did well by the Dam. They stayed at Silver Creek motel , $89.00 a night . It is in Belleview. About 20 minutes from the lake .
[signature]
Thanks for the help. Hope you get out and have some luck.
[signature]
Good work Tazosaurus and Lil Fish! I just got back and between five of us, we pulled in 7 perch in about 5 hours. I usually fish lava point but this time I tried the dam for something different. We fished from 10' to 70' and seemed to have the best luck at 45'. Most of what we caught was on a white paddle bug tipped with a mealworm. One was caught on a dead stick and the rest were jigged. A group next to us had a little girl catching them at 25' in 70' of water. Would have been nice to fish the rest of the day as it seems to get better closer to evening but responsibility calls. Most around us had a pretty slow day too. Good luck and happy trails.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I am going to try the East side as soon as they get the road open by Cary. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday. I'm in Blackfoot and the road has been closed for days. I hope I can get down to the boat ramp by then.
[signature]
Fishing was awesome today, me and the boy killed them.
Fish offender I met that little girl from the dam today, she really catches them.
[signature]
I have not been able to get out for a while because my 3 girls have been going through hunter education. I might have to bust out of work early this week and go fishing.
[signature]