Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Catfish Contest SkunkedAgain
Thanks Ben, I took today off and tried your method of float/trolling and I lucked out and found them and I didn't hook them very well, but had a lot of takes and couple break offs, but they were big fish today, not very long compared to girth, but fat and chunky monsters... I got another 27" cat that was the long skinny type build and I didn't think it was near as big of fish as several of the 24's today... But it did have a huge bite out of it's tail, so there was a long skinny top part of the tail that hit 27, but the rest of the tail made it look a lot smaller with that big chunk missing..

I figured all of team south would have a bunch of big ones today as well... Maybe they just haven't posted yet.. It was a beautiful day and I'm sure glad I got to burn a little vacation, we don't get many days like that one.... Sure am sunburned now though...

I seen a bunch of boats on Cutler today, so we may see a few more entries from up there today at least if they are BFT'ers anyway... I think one might have been TNA with the mudmotor with the long shaft... They probably didn't see me in my toon as they zipped on past...

Toon treated me pretty well today, but sure is hard to photograph cats from it... I had to stand on the seat to get up high enough to get the fish in the photo.. Good that fish was tired and didn't flip till after the pictures.. Oh BTW someone had lost that fish not long ago, it was trying to poop out some monofilament... I trimmed it up before I let it go, so it doesn't get the fish snagged... Anyway, that's somebodies one that got away...

My wife called me to come home at two, but later tonight I went back and bank fished where I had found the cats in the toon and it was better from the bank, than it had been from the toon earlier...at least I caught more fish in a shorter duration... Fun day... Later J
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [ice_sled] 2019 Catfish Contest SkunkedAgain - by SkunkedAgain - 04-20-2019, 05:34 AM