Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/27-Causey
I was going to wait to do a combined trip report with yesterday and this weekend's fishing, but looks like it will be more beneficial to write it now. Parked and accessed by spillway. 48 degree temp with a little rain. Edge was solid enough I didn't need a plank, but may not last much longer. Walking was easy. No real slush to contend with. Found plenty of ice- well over a foot deep. Fishing was good for planter rainbows. Caught a couple good cutts and 1 dandy of a 'german' brown. He didn't want his picture taken and found his way back down the hole before I could get the tape or camera on him. Bummer, could have used him for my contest. Used a variety of trout basics tipped with mealworms. Gold spoon did well. Depth of water didn't seem to matter much. Fish were usually 10-20 ft down.
[signature]
I'm sincerely sorry you lost the brown. If I can catch one I could catch up to you in the number of species part of the contest. You are always one ahead of me. Wouldn't mind sharing first place for number of species with you. I don't know if everyone is aware that you are leading the overall challenge. You are doing an awesome job. Glad to have been along with you while you were kicking my butt. [laugh]
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Yep lesson learned. Moob da fish away fwum da whole. Good luck on your quest for uncaught species today.
[signature]