Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry help
Taking the fiancé to strawberry tomorrow, she’s never caught a fish through the ice. I was wondering some good easy spots to walk to? I’ve usually gone to chicken creek, but hadn’t had too much luck there lately. Any help in where to go and what to use would be appreciated! Thanks!!
[signature]
One suggestion is to go to The Strawberry Marina. Walk down the ramp and turn left and walk far enough to get away from most of the crowd. 1 1/2" white tube jigs tipped with cut bait, meal worms or PowerBait should get you a few fish. Nice thing about the marina is that if it is open your fiancé can use the warm restrooms.
[signature]
Awesome. We will head to the marina. Hopefully it’s accessible tomorrow with the supposed storm headed here. Thanks for your info!
[signature]
Maniac Cut'r bugs (glow in orange or pink work great) are also good bets. We will be there tomorrow also. We will arrive around 6:45 A.M., dark gray Armada pulling a snowmobile.
[signature]
Kent... didn't you get enough and learn from last weeks fiasco? [Wink] I am still sore from digging out. Catch a big-un.
[signature]
Nope, I am a slow learner.
[signature]
If you made it up to Strawberry yesterday it had to be tough on your fiancé with the walking conditions (deep snow and slush) and the steady snowing. Not the most enjoyable way to get exposed to ice fishing.
[signature]
We did make it up, she caught a real nice cutty. We have gone a few times before, but she has never caught one. Strawberry was a perfect place for her to catch her first. 18” fat cutthroat.
[signature]
Great, glad to hear it.
[signature]