Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard kitties, 03/02/19
After reading wiper hunters post, I loaded my float tube and headed to the north Marina this morning. Arrived at 9 and left at 11:30. Fishing was slow, but I managed a couple of little ones before I had to leave. Both were caught inside the Marina dragging perch pieces on a hot lips pink flig.
[signature]
Those aren't little, they are great eating size.

Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Nice job Larry. Way to catch the chilly kitties. Later J
[signature]
Actually it was wiperslayer1 that made that post but we were fishing together. Nice going there Larry, great start to the 2019 open water season. We did not keep any of those cats that day but they were of similar size and very fat, looked like they have done well this Winter, dining on shad that did not make it through the cold water temps.
[signature]
Larry, those are perfect Willard eatin size cats [Wink] and good first entries to the Cat Contest. Did you post them on the Contest ?
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Not big enough to post. Winner isn't the guy ahead on the first day, but the guy ahead on the last day.
[signature]
I totally respect your choice but if we followed that out to the nth degree there would be no point in posting anything under a 30"er. [Smile] Maybe I'll look pathetic, but I intend to post the first three I catch; if they are little they will set a baseline that I can work up from and mark my progress. Peace

"If we both had the same opinion, one of us would be superfluous." Vive la difference.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[#0000FF]Nice. Wanna gang up on 'em next Tuesday?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Pat, got a doctor appointment this Tuesday, but the following Tuesday is free. Went back out yesterday afternoon and picked up another one. Sure is nice to be fishing sitting in the water versus fishing standing on it. Yesterday's fish was right at 24 inches. Trying to decide if I want to smoke them (my pipe probably isn't big enough so I'd have to roll them in sunday's newspaper) or eat them for dinner.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Another nice early season whiskerfish from Willard. They been growin' some...or is that grew some?[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]We got lots of trips ahead. Just codgertatin' on getting out for my first trip this year. Tuesday is the last day of my fishing license. Also Mardi Gras. Laissez les bon temps rouler,[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Stay in touch.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]